Wednesday, October 17, 2007

spt-comfort food

Each time one of my neighbors called me yesterday, she was greeted with the sounds of children screaming in the background. I let her know that my day was not going very smoothly. Unfortunately what she had called to tell me did not improve things at all. Bless her heart though she decided to bring me some comfort food later that day. Cookies, banana bread and juice. It was so thoughtful and went a long way to help end the day on a bright note.

I can always be comforted with food. Especially of the not good for you carb variety--ice cream, cheesecake, french fries, bread, cookies. My waistline wishes this were not so. If I weren't still in a bad mood, I would talk more about my favorites. Perhaps soon I will feel like really sharing my comfort food and the yummy recipes that make it. Until then...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry about your bummer day. it sounds like the comfort gift was a bright spot!!

SladeMomma said...

What a nice friend! I had an hour "extra" today so made ham/cheese/onion soup, which is a comfort food to me, especially with the wind whipping things up outside. Anyway, I hope your day is going better after the yummy calories.

Jill said...

Sorry about the screaming kids and bad mood, but hooray for a nice neighbor reaching out.