Anyhow, back to my week. There was Girl Scouts, Jill coming over to give me a Smugmug tutorial (thanks again, ever-so-fabulous Jill), playgroup at the park, piano lessons, violin lessons, our first class of Kids Co. Christmas session, a ward Halloween party, AND I got to do a photo session with some friends (sneak peek coming soon).
Saturday was such a beautiful day. Emma and I went and got haircuts in the morning.
Our Kids Company performance was in the afternoon. It went well despite some rather annoying technical difficulties.


Then we went to dinner with Dave's family to Emma's favorite restaurant, Golden Corral.Keri and family plus Colin and his "date" came came over for dinner and games tonight. Dave won our Settlers game just in time to head out for the airport. The Vances stayed a while longer, talking, eating, playing video games, and wrestling.

Two weeks down. _____ to go.

6 comments:
I really don't envy you being a 'single mom' for a few weeks. But I know you do a great job. Just get a babysitter and go to a movie with a friend one night (or ten). Cute pictures of you and Emma!!
I LOVE that picture of you and Emma - can I have it? I'm sad to have missed the Settlers game since I have played it in something like a year. Glad it was a better week - mostly in the attitude with which we face it, don't you agree? I'm hating a few things that I have to do and am doing a lot of positive self talk. Sometimes it even works :0)
Happy to hear you had a better week. Emma looks great without her front teeth. I've been looking at Sabrina's pictures from 2 years ago when she had that smile. How fun. And what would a performance be without annoying technical difficulties?
Those are great pictures of you and Emma. Very pretty. I'm glad the week went better, hopefully they only get better and better.
I love the pictures....I can't believe how much Collin looks like your dad. Sorry your week was so bad...I hate when the spouse is gone...so so hard to be both parents- I feel like that every time Travis goes hunting or on a work trip.
"I can't talk to you for long because I'm mad at you not being here." How well you've articulated my feelings and I've only felt that way on relatively short business trips compared to what you are doing!
And thanks for your comment on my SPT, there's nothing like a brother to shake my confidence!
Post a Comment