Wednesday, July 25, 2007

what I didn't take pictures of this week

I have been doing a few other things besides reading in the last week. However, I have not been taking a lot of pictures. What's up with that? Here's a recap (try to enjoy it even without pictures): On Thursday, we took the kids up to Lagoon. I got cheap(er) tickets through a homeschooling group. It was 100+ that day. What was I thinking!? Keri and Josh met us there. We swam in the water side of the park for a while and then headed over to the rides. Emma went with Keri and Josh (Keri can I just say again how lucky I am to have you for a sister!) so she got to do some of the bigger rides. The boys loved all the kiddie rides. There were really no lines (thank goodness) and most of the area was in shade. I spent most of the time with Sawyer. Waiting. Waiting. These kinds of days really aren't all that fun for parents, are they? I purposely left my camera behind on this day. I don't have a point and shoot (need to get one) and I didn't want to have to worry about mine all day. I think it was wise but there were some great shots I missed.

We went swimming on Friday night. More sitting and waiting.

On Saturday, our city has its family festival. Our Primary was in the parade that morning. Emma went over with the neighbors because the boys would not get out of bed. Dave had gone to play in the ward's softball game for the stake championship. When I finally got them up we walked down to the end of our street to watch the parade. Frankly, I was kind of glad not to have to be walking in it in the heat. I'm such a wimp. Slade had lots of fun gathering up candy. I rode my bike to get Emma at the end of the parade route. I haven't ridden in so long. Felt rather clumsy and awkward but managed not to crash. In an unusual role reversal, Dave did not want to the leave the house all day so we did not participate in any of the other events. Emma went to play with a friend. The boys (Dave included) played video games and watched movies. I worked on photo editing and my extended family blog. Good times. I love you, Air Conditioning. The best part of the day didn't come until 10:00 at night when we were able to walk out our front door, sit on our lawn, and watch the fireworks. I love my neighborhood.

We started back into our regular routine on Monday, including schoolwork. Slade is officially a kindergartener so I will be doing more formal stuff with him this year. I have big plans and high hopes for this school year. Its always better to dream big, right?

We spent Pioneer Day yesterday with Dave's family. I even helped tie a quilt. How pioneerish of me. The kids played so well together and we didn't do any permanent damage to Grandma's house. Then we went to Katie's, Dave's sister who just moved back here, for dinner. It was a nice day. Family is such a blessing.

If you've read this long (and boring) of a post without pictures, you must be my mom. Hi, Mom! Just for fun and because pictures really are the best part of any blog post, here are some recent faves of mine.

6 comments:

Malauna said...

I also read your blogs without photos. I just like to know what's going on with your family. Its as though I'm sitting in your family room talking with you.

Denise said...

Doo doo doo doo (that's Twilight Zone music)......I think we live in the same city.

Did your parade have a LifeFlight helicopter that had everyone freaked out until it landed at the school and we realized it was part of the festivities?

And...to really test if it's the same city...how do you feel about Walmart? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Malauna! I love to read your blog, and consider the pictures a bonus! Keep it up!

(And in regards to your post, please sing these words to the tune of "Pioneer Children": Moms with young children pace as they wait, and Wait and WAit and WAIT!" etc and so on. I feel your pain!)

Anonymous said...

Hi back atcha. I love to read what you write pictures or not, but I do have such darling grandkids - what's with the lion - a symbol of the dad, or perhaps the mom...? BTW it was only 74 here today, but sunny and beautiful.

Lindsay said...

No symbolism with the lion. Just liked the picture. They had a great viewing area at the zoo so I was able to be so close.

Michelle Alley said...

Sounds like you were too busy to take photos! Your neighborhood sounds really neat and so glad the fireworks were so enjoyable and cooler!