This year I decided I wanted to start a blog and study photography. Those two resolutions have really upped my geek factor (not to mention changed my life). While I am nowhere truly computer savvy, I have learned a lot. Besides, I am spending WAY more time on the computer now so that must make me something of a geek.I think blogs are awesome. I am having so much fun blogging, reading other blogs, making on-line friends. As long as I can keep the time I spend doing it under control, I think that this blog is a great thing for me to do.
Along with my learning how to take pictures come learning how to edit them. I have learned so much this year about Photoshop for photo editing and digital scrapbooking. Its fun to be able to do so many neat things. Still so much to learn though.
Tonight, though, I actually going to get off the computer before midnight and go curl up on the couch with a book that I have heard so much about, Twilight. I think the amount of reading I do also qualifies me for geekiness.

10 comments:
Ooh, I've read both Twilight and New Moon, and I'm eagerly awaiting the third installment. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Lynn told me to read Twilight...let me know how it is. I am a nerd waiting for Harry Potter and reading a parenting book. :) I am curious about twilight...so let me know. ;)
It is hard to admit that you have read Twilight, even harder to say you've read the second vampire romance New Moon. But eagerly awaiting the 3rd book, reading the website and all the comments by 12 and 13 year old girls swooning really makes a person question their own personal make-up. And that is what I am doing.
I really loved it! They are fun. A little steamy (in a wholesome way) for 12 or 13 or even 15 year olds perhaps. Have fun.
Well, if this all qualifies you for a geek, then I'm right there with you! ;) Love your work/computer area. Looks cozy and a lot more organized than mine!
Twilight is so dang good. You will love it!!!
i've got to learn photoshop!! there's no excuse that i don't know how to use it...
good for you for walking away from your computer & curling up with a good, old-fashined book!
So great your taking time off the computer! I get so side-tracked looking at my blog and others, that time just seems to fly by! That desk is really beautiful btw!
I read your comment on Kristi's. Prague is my favorite city also.
Great SPT.
Maybe now that I've read the Harry Potter (I spent all day yesterday in seclusion), I'll give Twilight a try. Harry Potter was fantastic, by the way. :)
Lindsay, you are my kind of a girl! I spend WAY too much time on the computer--blogging, emailing, reading blogs, etc. I am trying to learn Photoshop--read all sorts of tutorials, someday I hope to actually start putting some of the info into a scrapbook page (although I did to a blog banner--go me!). My friend is loaning me her library copy of Twilight (couldn't find it at Costco). Sounds like it is worth getting off the computer for. Enjoy the book and the blogging.
Post a Comment