Last night, as I was going through blogs in my reader, I came across a fitness/healthful living challenge called Happy Holiday Habits. I was intrigued. Simple. Doable. Measurable. I decided it was a good plan to follow through the rest of the year so I started today.
1. Drink 48 ounces of water a day
2. 30 minutes of exercise (doesn't have to be consecutive)
3. No soda or alcohol
4. No sweets (desserts, pastries, candy, or sugary snacks)
5. No fast food or unhealthy snacks
6. Consume 2 servings of fruits and 2 servings of vegetables
7. No eating after 8p.m.
8. Read 15 minutes of spiritual or uplifting text
9. Write in your journal (Daily blogs count, too.) Express specific appreciation, love, or praise in your journal...a goal of two or three items is a good goal!
10. Personal goal- each week make a personal goal for everyday or make a goal for the entire week. ( Like reading more to the kids, organize a closet, get 8 hours of sleep, etc.)
ONE FREE POINT PER AREA, PER WEEK
for example: only one day with sweets a week, only one day without exercise, one late night snack per week........or one whole day free.
Today, I earned all ten points. Yeah for me. Even with cookies and ice cream in the house! Anyone else out there interested in joining me. The blog I found this on actually has it organized as a group challenge with everyone contributing and receiving a prize at the end. I'd love to set it up if anyone wants to join the fun.
Additionally, I have challenged myself to read The Book of Mormon by the end of the year. Our stake presidency made that challenge at the beginning of the year. I have been reading here and there but I thought I should read it the whole way through. I used this site to come up with a schedule. I've made it through week 1.
Lastly, I challenged the kids to limit the amount of screen time in our house this week. They can earn extra marbles in our marble system for each day that they don't use screens in the afternoon. I am making myself commit to the challenge also because I have been spending far too much time on the computer. Today instead of being at the computer, I made a fabric garland for the girls' room.
I'm sure I'll fall short in these challenges in the coming days but at least today was successful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You CAN DO IT!!!!! LINDSAY WE LOVE YOU!!!!
we're doing this in my ward right now. it's actually a little different, but many of the things are the same, and the point system sounds the same. we are in week 5 out of 8, and so far I have all my points! It has been such a great challenge. We finish right before Thanksgiving and will start it up again after Christmas. Good luck!!
Okay, I am tempted to try this. I have a few issues though.
1. You don't need that much water, it's an old legend.
2. I would have trouble doing 6 days of exercise.
3. Only one day of sugar would kill me. So now my weakness is obvious.
4. I don't think this would make me very happy :) A liitle bit of chocolate goes a long way for me!
I did this same premise with my YW for the summer. It was our Personal Progress Summer Challenge. The girls really stepped up & did an amazing job. It helped them develop good spiritual habits & they passed a lot of experiences & values :)
Jillian Michaels' says to drink 60 oz of water a day. So this challenge is going easy on you in that area. I say GO for it! Good luck.
I'm thinking about it. I do most of it already.
Post a Comment