Thursday, December 18, 2008

celebrating the season part 3

Friday night was our Ward Party, just for adults. It was fun to sit and chat with friends and eat good food that I didn't have to cook myself. The next morning, the kids got to enjoy breakfast with Santa.

On Saturday night, I went up to Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert. I drove up with two of my friends and thought it was just delightful to have some girl time. The concert was good despite some technical difficulties but I was really glad for the company. Especially during our two hour drive home. Thanks, Chrissie and Brooke! Man, I am really bad at these self-portraits!


Sunday brought a new calling for me--Primary Chorister, again. I have had this calling in every ward we've lived in longer than three months. It can be really fun but also really, really tiring. I am also feeling slightly apprehensive about doing it with a newborn but whatever....

On Sunday night, we made graham cracker houses with Colin and Amy. Love this tradition.


I was helping Slade and judging by his face, I was not doing a very good job. I am really not very talented in graham cracker house construction.

Our finished product:

Amy and Colin did his and her houses and were very clever. Amy's was beautiful and dainty with a fireplace, Christmas tree, and curtains. Colin's man house had a ginormous TV, refrigerator and moose head on the wall. Funny.


We put the finished houses on a table and the kids made quick work of demolishing them.


Today, I actually sent our Christmas cards to print and got our neighbor gifts ready finally. I went from having grand ambitions at the beginning of the month then scaled back to a bag of M&Ms with a note saying "Have a marvelous and merry Christmas". At least the tag was cute.

Only one week until Christmas! I'm so not ready.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Very cute houses. I think Slade's house turned out great! He must be a perfectionist. I love your idea for neighbors. I'm borrowing that for next year!

Keri said...

Funny!
My favorite of all is the pic of S. gnawing on his house! Hilarious.

Dana said...

I've decided I might just do away with the tradition for a few more years after the mess they made demoishing them.

SladeMomma said...

This is the first year in many, many, many that I have missed out on the tradition and it was a bummer. The mess is worth it! The mess is doubly worth it! The mess is triply worth it!