Wednesday, April 30, 2008

art that is my life

I'm working hard to tame the beast that is my d200. The learning curve is steep! I'm still relying on my d50 far too much but victory will be mine! Practice, practice, practice.

I had an assignment to complete for my photography class over at Big Picture. Sawyer was my only semi-willing model. I had to let him outside in the cold and then immobilize him on a stool but I did get some cute photos.

But then he was totally done. This is his "put that thing down, woman, and hold me!" look:

Nathan allowed me to bury him in laundry in my attempt to imitate Rebecca Mudrick.

I am really hoping the weather will warm up and I can get the kids outside for some photo sessions. Tonight's weather was anything but warm. Emma had a soccer game with freezing wind. Then, I was able to make it to the temple after her game but was shocked to walk out after the session to snow! Snow on April 30th? Ridiculous.

3 comments:

SladeMomma said...

It could be fun to pose the kids around the house with not only piles of laundry, but piles of toys, dishes, school books, makeup, whatever. No need to wait to go outside for real life pictures.

Explain to me what the learning curve for the d200 is.

Danika said...

SNOW???? We're at 97 degrees here already!!! Why can't there be any "normal" April temperatures?

Cecilia said...

Cute pictures!!! I love the last one!