Thursday, April 17, 2008

slade is six

This boy. What can I say about this boy?


He is independent, intelligent, fearless, determined. Some day these often maddening attributes will serve him well.

Here's more about the Slade-boy from his perspective (borrowed from Sunshine in My Soul):
What is your favorite food? macaroni and cheese, I mean pizza
Who is your best friend? Why? Michael, 'cause he's so nice, he shares his water with me at soccer
What makes you laugh? when people do funny things like fall
What is your favorite movie? Sharkboy and Lava Girl
What are you most afraid of? monster dreams
What embarrasses you the most? when Emma does really dumb stuff
What is your favorite music? Bet on It from High School Musical 2
What makes you really angry? when you count to three, I HATE it when you do that
What is your favorite activity? watch movies
If you were parent for a day, which rule would you get rid of? the 1-2-3 thing
What do you want to be when you grow up? a scientist
Do you think it would be hard to be a mom or a dad? Why? yes, because I would have to go to work a lot
If you could have a magical power, what would you choose? fireballs
What three things do you think you are good at? bomb battle on Mario Kart, playing with my friends, making stuff like experiments
What is the best thing about being six? I can buckle Nathan in his car seat
What is the best thing about being YOU? being good at bomb battle


He wanted "cooked sandwiches" for breakfast, macaroni and cheese for lunch and Carl's Jr. for dinner. Doesn't that sound yummy? He got to celebrate the day by taking off school, playing with friends and cousins, and opening presents. He said it was a good day and I hope in the end he felt loved. We sure do love you, Slade!

2 comments:

SladeMomma said...

What did I get Slade? I hope it was something nice. I'm sorry I didn't get him called, although he probably was happier playing than having to talk on the telephone to an old lady. But the old lady loves him. I'm glad that you got him to smile for birthday pictures. What a handsome kid!

Malauna said...

Love the photos of Slade. I think you captured him perfectly. Classic answers to the questions you ask.

Happy Birthday, Slade!