I celebrated mine on the 13th. Dave gave me the best birthday present ever--time alone. He took half day on Thursday and all day on Friday off. I painted a wall in our schoolroom. I went to Enrichment Night to sing in a musical number, enjoy a delicious dinner, and talk with friends. I came home that night to cheesecake and the gift of one of my favorite movies, Pride and Prejudice.
On Friday I went to lunch with my sisters in law at Olive Garden. I went to Target. I went to the library. Alone. It was wonderful!That night Dave and I took Emma out to dinner at Chuck-a-rama (although Golden Corral is her favorite) and then to see my sister and nephews in Savior of the World at the Conference Center Theater.
Emma turned 9 on the 15th. We went and got haircuts in the morning and then came home to open presents. In the afternoon I took her and three friends to get ice cream and then see High School Musical 3. I forgot my camera! Ugh!
Keri and family, plus Colin and his girl came over tonight to celebrate with me, Emma and my nephew Josh whose birthday will be on Tuesday. There was lots of yummy food including more cheesecake and Keri came bearing gifts!So Happy Birthday to me and Emma. It was happy indeed.

6 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday! What a wonderful gift. Kevin always thinks I'm kidding when he asks me what I want and I say "a break"! But I'm dead serious. Glad you had a nice day - you deserve it!
It looks like you guys had great Birthdays! Happy Happy Birthday!
Look how much those boys love you! They're so hoping you love your present. Kids are great. You look great! A happy one to Emma, too!!
Did the shoes fit? Do you like them? Cuz I do. I like you too, and I too am sorry that you forgot your camera.
The CSU choir director let us out of rehearsal 40 min early today. It felt like a vacation!
I really did call you! Happy Birthday!
Happy, happy birthday! I, too LOVE, love, love, LOVE that movie! So, let me know about the next GNO with the other Homeschooling moms! My 9 year old, as we were working on a school craft project, asked me Monday night if he could be home schooled next year. I said, "don't you love your school?" and he said, "yeah, but I want to try having school with you." I was touched.
Post a Comment