2. exercise (even if its just for 15 minutes)
3. take the kids somewhere fun (with plenty of shade and water)
It is amazing how doing just a few simple things (particularly reading my scriptures and exercising) make me feel like my whole day was great. I also got some "fun mom" points for taking the kids to the Children's Garden at Thanksgiving Point. We hadn't been before and it was great. They splashed and soaked and ran and laughed.




And Sawyer finished it all off with a small serving of towel.

They got to play with their cousins which made it even better. We hardly explored past the Ark but it didn't really matter. I love having an annual pass! I am sure we will be back to wander the paths and see the beautiful gardens another time when it isn't so hot.
We snagged some treats at JCW's before heading over to watch the last fifteen minutes of Dave's softball game. And then finally came home to watch So You Think You Can Dance (me) or Food Network (Emma), finish sprinkler installation (Dave), and play in the backyard (boys).
Hurray for summer days like this one!

6 comments:
Not to mention hurray for the cute pictures to record and remember the wonderful summer day. Over here it was "too darn hot" to do anything but hang out where it is air conditioned. Therefore, no fun memories and no cute pictures.
Ah, So You Think You Can Dance. What did you think of the Adam and Eve routine this week?
I was mesmerized.
It was beautiful, though perhaps a little too sensual for my taste.
Yes, hurray for you. And what I like best about such summer days is when you can find an activity that ALL the kids are ecstatic to participate in. Looks like you did a great job.
Can you believe I bought a membership for Thanksgiving Point last year and never did anything besides the dinosaur museum and IMAX. This is why I should be banned from getting season passes. Those gardens look awesome. Why didn't I think of that?
I'm glad you're getting fun mom points. You're absolutely right about those little things too.
oh wow...how fun, is summer and those pictures are awesome! I love those gardens too!
Post a Comment