
I felt that a 10th birthday party should garner some extra attention so I tried to make it special for Emma. Of course, let's be honest. It's all about the blog post, right? I thought you might like to see...
THE DECORATIONS
Circles, circles, everywhere circles. I made circles from newspaper, cardstock and scrapbooking paper. I sewed circles into garland and stapled strips into paper chains. The kids helped me put up lots of cardstock circles all over the walls and doors.





THE FOOD
While some of it may have been lost on the party-attenders, I tried to continue the circle theme in the food. Round rolls for sandwiches, cantaloupe balls, berry salad, cucumber slices, potato chips and water with lemon slices. Later in the evening, the girls were treated with dessert in the round--a candy cake, donuts, donut holes, candy, sugar cookies and pumpkin roll. Everything was served on my adorable red polka dot plates.



CRAFT AND GAMES
Our craft didn't really fit the theme but I thought the girls would really enjoy it. I credit my mother with the idea because I remember doing this way back in the day when I was a girl. We decorated winter gloves with fabric paint. After the craft, the girls played a couple of games and were loud and CRAZY the whole time.



In the end, the girls had fun and everyone went home with a party favor bag.

8 comments:
Wow! That's it. Just Wow.
My birthday is July 28th. I want a circle party, too. Thanks.
Impressive! I bet the girls did notice. Can't wait to see what kind of party you throw for the 12th, the 14th and especially when she turns Sweet 16!
I absolutely love your adorable red polka dot plates! What a fun party to have executed, and a great blog post, too.
so cute, lindsay! i bet they had so much fun.
Totally cute! The party and the birthday girl.
Love it! So much more fun and interesting than a "Hannah Montana" themed party or the like (no offense to any readers that just hosted a H.M. party...). Your blog posts are like looking through a magazine.
And p.s., I'm hoping that my baby girl turns out to be half as lovely (beautiful, bright, helpful, etc.) as Emma. Happy Thanksgiving!
Very cute!
Love the decorations!
Post a Comment