Sunday, September 20, 2009

special witness


Yesterday and today we were privileged to hear Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles at our stake conference. Afterward, I was able to shake his hand on my way down from singing with the choir. I took Anne, Slade and Sawyer while Dave went up with Nathan and Emma. I thought Elder Perry was so kind and thoughtful to all who shook his hand. It must get seriously tiring for him but he remained personable and friendly the whole time. When it was Emma's turn he said, "You have a really big smile. It's very pretty.You should keep it." He told Dave he has a good looking family. He is a special witness after all, so it must be true.

2 comments:

Dana said...

He once told Avery she had beautiful hair. As the mother who had braided it that day, I really felt the power of his witness. Nice man.

Brooke said...

Of course it is true, as true as the Church is! He told Andrew that he must be "just full of it!" Now if that is not inspired, I don't know what is!