

After we checked out of the hotel, we headed back to our old neighborhood. I drove by the old house, which looked totally different and smaller than I remembered. Then we went to see our friends. Malauna and Susie live next door to each other. After a yummy lunch of sandwiches and chips, we spent the afternoon talking while the kids went from one house to another. For there being 14 kids 10 and under, they got along very well. The only real mishap being when Nathan lost one of his flip flops out in the large common area behind their houses.
I went to meet Dave at the airport where he had to drop off his rental car. We returned to the Gibby's house for an evening barbecue with even more old friends. I love that we all have blogs so we still know what is happening in each others' lives. Though I do think that even without blogs we would manage to pick up right where we left off whenever we get together. The kids also had quite a good time. Emma and her friends disappeared to play freeze tag in the front yard while the rest of them enjoyed playing in the backyard rock piles, removing all the rocks from Malauna's garden border so that they could build bug houses.

Seriously, how lucky are we that we not only knew so many great people while we lived in Boise but that we are still friends!?


2 comments:
It was wonderful to have you come for a visit! Would it be too much to ask for copies of these pictures? You've got a good looking group of friends.
Okay, Lindsay this is a small world. Ryan is my cousin. In fact we are not only cousins we are twin cousins. We were born on the same day, in the same hospital, by the same Dr. He was a whole 15 minutes earlier than me. We even spent part of our missions in the same area, of course I was there 1 1/2 years after him. Crazy, that you guys know each other.
Post a Comment