Sunday, September 28, 2008

party of six

We went up the canyon this evening so we could attempt some family pictures. I forgot a piece for my tripod so I couldn't use that. I was attempting to set my camera up on a rock when another family walked by. Slade yelled out, "Hey, will you take a picture of us?". Yes, well, that would be easier!

I had to crop these a lot because the man stood way back. Consequently the quality isn't great. Of course, I also see all the things I wish had been fixed and let's just say probably would have been if I had been taking the picture. :P I am trying to decide if these are good enough to save us the $100 we will have to spend getting them taken on Tuesday night with another photographer. So do tell me your opinion!

11 comments:

Berns and Shea said...

i think they are beautiful! I'm no photography expert--but I think the family is what makes them so darn cute!!!

Colin said...

i like the first one a lot.

Keri said...

I say--and this has NOTHING to do with the quality or look of the picture--that you should pay the mula and see how and what another photographer does. Maybe you'll get some ideas. Maybe you'll see that you are 100million times better at doing things the way you like them done.

Danika said...

I think they look great! I'm sure you just see things that could be improved because you are a photographer and the mom. With little kids, I have learned to lower my expectations. As long as everyone is looking at the camera without a crazy-looking face, I consider it a success! And I'm impressed you got everyone to coordinate in red - I've always wanted to do that, but the reds are always too different.

Anne said...

i think they look great---i love the one with you all snuggled in close.

Anonymous said...

I think the second one is really cute! You all look cozier and more relaxed in yourselves than the first.

If it were me and my $100, I would totally cancel- but I also am a tightwad, heeee. If this isn't the look you were wanting and will drive yourself crazy for not getting more shots, then save yourself the mental anguish and just do it :)

Steph said...

What a darling family!

SladeMomma said...

I like half of you in the first one and half in the second. I really like you in the latter and Sawyer in neither. But the red and the jeans and the background is cool. Now I'd say spend the money to let someone else play photographer cuz you won't be totally satisfied with these, but remember that one or more will still not smile in the otherwise perfect picture.

Can I have a copy of the second one?

Dana said...

So sorry - I can't get past the glare in Dave's glasses in both shots. Makes him look weird. I'd pay the $100.

Ralina said...

Those are great. You guys look great in red. I think you should save the $100, you do a great job, why hire another photographer.

Denise said...

I love the second one. I'd probably just keep it! But I'm kinda cheap, thus the total lack of professional portraits of our family.