I taught Kids Company classes in Boise but stopped when I moved to Virginia. Now I am in Utah with a daughter just the right age to participate. I just felt like it was the right time again. Anyhow, we had our first performance today. Our theme was "I Love a Broadway Show" and I'd say it was a success. I think the girls felt really good about it and the parents gave positive responses (especially about the fact that it was only about twenty minutes long).


I don't know what the difference was but I had a lot more fun teaching this time than I did in Boise. It really helps that my sister Dana is also teaching out in Boston and has so graciously shared her experience, documents, music, and choreography. I 'm going to take two weeks off and begin another session in April.

2 comments:
Love those leg-warmers! I'm sad you're not in Boise teaching Kids Company because it would be perfect for Sabrina.
Way to go, Lindsay! I'm so proud that the traditions, the good ones at least, continue. Keri directs a school choir, you and Dana doing Kids Company, Merrit...well, TBA. I'm equally glad to be a watcher or accompanist only now. It was great to do it way back when and great to have grown out of that stage also.
Post a Comment