Sunday, May 8, 2011

happy mother's day

When I grow up I want to be a mother
And have a family


One little,


two little,


three little babies of my own.


Of all the jobs, for me I'll choose no other.
We'll have a family.
Four little,


five little,


six little babies in my home.


And I will love them all day long
And give them cookies and milk and yellow balloons.
And cuddle them when things go wrong
And read them stories and sing them pretty tunes.
When I grow up if I can be a mother,
How happy I will be.
One little, two little, three little babies I can love.
And you will see each sister and each brother
Who look a lot like me
Four little, five little, six little blessings from above.

11 comments:

Danika said...

How clever (I may have to steal this one for next year...though my poem will stop with 3 kids)! It's so rare to see you in photos - you and your kids are all so adorable! Happy Mother's Day Lindsay - hope it was a great day - you deserve it! :)

Kelly said...

You are all beautiful!

Dana said...

Is there a verse for 7 little, 8 little...? How many boys are you going to have?!

Cute, Lin.

SladeMomma said...

Ahh... I love it!

The Gibbens said...

Kelly stole mine... you are beautiful!!! You just look so happy and peaceful- it may be the "glow of pregnancy" or, it may be the wonderful contentedness you convey in being a mother... amazing! HAppy mothers day!

Susie said...

Yesterday I was thinking of you - wondering when you would post again! Great song - Janeen Brady wrote it just for you - I'm sure of it!

Amanda Neilson said...

Beautiful post! That totally made me cry!

Brooke said...

I love that song! Happy. You are a beautiful mother.

Anne said...

you are so gorgeous, lindsay! happy mother's day.

Keri said...

That was very touching!
I'm glad I sort of get to share them.

Almost as awesome as your post and your kids that I adore...is the word verification for my comment: swishi.

As in, "I swishi I could see you right now."

Keri said...

Soccer sunburn?

(Now my word is "pusters," as in, "You dirty rotten pusters..."