Sunday, April 4, 2010

easter conference and chocolate

Easter, General Conference and lots of chocolate makes for a great weekend.

Saturday was busy with house cleaning, grocery shopping (at four different stores no less), food prep for Sunday, and solar panel building (for Dave). Nothing very fun but in the middle of it all Conference was on. I admit that I am not very good at just sitting and listening. I tend to tune out the speakers too easily but just having it on makes for a good spirit in the house. The kids and I dyed eggs on Saturday night while Dave was at Priesthood. I bought six dozen eggs which is totally over the top but everyone was happy to have their own dozen.


Dave and I were both up WAY too late on Saturday night (as in 2 and 3 in the morning) so we were a little tired. Dave resorted to pacing the family room so he could stay awake. I resorted to eating chocolate. I will have to post a separate post about the things that inspired me in a few days when the talks are on-line. Let me just say, I really enjoyed it.

We had awoken to a snow covered ground this morning but by noon the snow had melted. We were able to have our annual egg hunt in the backyard. Dave hid four dozen eggs and the kids made quick work of finding them.

All was good and happy until someone took an egg that Slade had claimed as his. Then there was much weeping and wailing. He went to sit under the swing set at the picnic table and something stung/bit him. He then took the crying up to a whole new level. Sigh.


We hosted the Daniel clan for dinner. Everything was completely delicious and it was a really enjoyable evening. My tummy feels totally sick now and I think I am ready to jump back on my diet tomorrow. If I could only bring myself to throw away the rest of the candy...

3 comments:

Susie said...

I love your table, and your pictures, and the fact that someone else has children who always manage to maintain a bit of drama in their lives.
I agree, conference was great.

SladeMomma said...

I have no trouble "hearing" Slade's wailing. Hey, love the toile plates!

Keri said...

How'd you get your grass to grow so fast? You are amazing.
For my birthday, I want to eat on green paper plates.
I know you love me like that.